Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July 2010

It had rained the whole week before July 4th and we had a bad case of cabin fever. That is probably why I said "yes" when a friend asked us to the fireworks display. If you know me at all, you know I hate the heat and the mosquitos. The only thing I hate more is port-a-potties. All of which I knew would be present for the festivities.

But the kids wanted to see the fireworks, so mommy had to suck it up :). We had so much fun! I would never have attempted going on my own, and it was so nice of our friends to ask us to join them.

John learned all sorts of fun things you can do with a flashlight, Emma and Chloe were rocking all of their glow bracelets and necklaces, the kettle corn was a big hit. But most importantly the fireworks took their breath away. Seeing the wonder on their faces, I think I would crawl across a desert for that. I still won't use a port-a-potty, but I will crawl across a desert









1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looked like fun! You had more braveness in you then I. I love the glow n the dark decor.

We drove around looking at the fireworkds, lol. Going down the highway, you could see the ones on the left, twoevents on the right and some behind us, lol. That was my childrens version of fireworks.

I am with you on the porta-potties..We do not pertake in that situation either... lol