Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ballet Academy Field Trip

John might be all full up on culture for now, he would argue for the rest of his life. After our trip to the Grand Opera on Thursday, Friday we headed out to the Ballet Academy for a performance. Do you see him laying across Emma's lap? The most pathetic. thing. ever. All in all, he was very patient, I was quite proud of that boy.

Afterwards, we had another of those crazy days. We grabbed some lunch with our friends, had to run a few errands, get new tires for the van... We looked at the clock and realized it was dinnertime. It wasn't hard for the kids to talk me into our favorite "healthier" fast food option, pei wei. Chloe put her "wings" on just as soon as she could. We were all so glad to fall into the house at the end of the day.

It seems like we are having so many more of these days. We are getting it all done, but by the skin of our teeth. I am feeling the need to slow down a little more. To have more pajama days (because those are my favorite). Lazy days with more time for talking. Its always a balancing act. On the one hand, we have all these awesome opportunities for fun and education. On the other hand, I am halfway to being a hermit, and need down time. When I have too much activity, without enough down time it jostles me and I lose my sense of center.







No comments: