Saturday, November 28, 2009

Coffee Talk

This is my coffee buddy. We have started a little tradition that I love. Each morning when we get up, I make some coffee for myself and some cocoa for Emma. Then we head out to the porch, or the living room to have our "coffee talk". It is usually very quiet and we chat about whatever is on our mind.

For months I tried to find a way to get some alone time with Emma each day. I tried letting her stay up late. But by that time at night, I am a little burnt out. Since Brian has a whacky schedule, I can't count on being able to take her out by herself.

This was the perfect compromise. Everyone is pretty occupied in the mornings, and we are able to have our time without interruption. I think Coffee time is my favorite time of the day for a whole new reason now.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Very cool post Jenn! I like your style. It's hard sometimes to find that special thing that just clicks but it sounds like you did just that. Grats!