Sunday, February 14, 2010

To sleep, perchance to dream...

Some people, including the one I married, can miss sleep and just feel a little groggy the next day. I don't do well without sleep. I become a zombie, literally, except I smell better. My eyes are always half closed, and I mumble incoherently. My brain just backfires and sputters.

This past week was not awesome for us. Poor Chloe's asthma started acting up and from Wednesday through Friday I didn't sleep at all. We were up each night trying to get her asthma under control. It has finally resolved itself, and Brian came home so I was able to catch up on some sleep. I feel like a new woman, a very grateful new woman.

We are at an interesting place on our family life right now. Brian's schedule has become much more hardcore for travel. He is flying internationally now, and this limits even our chance to speak with each other when he is gone. Through our new dietary changes I discovered that I am really allergic to wheat and dairy. The changes have to stay, and the process of completely overhauling our menu is turning me inside out in many ways. We had a handle on our schedule and everything was rolling along smoothly. But the changing needs of our family are dictating a tweaking of the schedule both for our home, and our homeschool. This week I am going to focus here at home, and the blog on developing a schedule and some ideas to make our life run more smoothly.

No comments: