Sunday, February 28, 2010

The New Rainbow Brite

Hallmark sent our family a cd-rom introducing us to the new Rainbow Brite. The girls and I have had a blast playing with it. It is always so much fun when I get to introduce the girls to a character from my youth.

Here is the old Rainbow Brite from my childhood.....




















And here is the new souped up rainbow brite.....
















I am really quite picky about what my girls watch on TV. We do not watch the "tween" shoes that are so popular on the Nickelodeon channel. We don't own the "Bratz" line of dolls. Because of that I wondered how I would feel about the new Rainbow Brite. Would she be too bratty, or sexed up?

I was pleasantly surprised. My girls have outgrown the characters like Dora, and they like that Rainbow Brite seems older than a character like Dora. There is a glut of good shows and good messages for the toddler - preschool set. But there is a shortage of good shows for the girls who are age 7-12. It seems like most companies want to put them in the "tween" category, something I strongly object to. I don't want my girls dealing with teen themes, I want to preserve their childhood for as long as I can.

Rainbow Brite and her friends Moonglow and Tickled Pink are on a mission to spread love and happiness throughout the world. This is a message I can get behind.

Chloe loved the theme song, she has been singing it for weeks now...







For more info about the new Rainbow Brite visit www.rainbowbrite.com

**disclaimer**: I was provided with a free CD-Rom from Hallmark for the purposes of reviewing this product. However, my opinions are my own and I received no compensation for them.

2 comments:

Terra Howard said...

Very cool! I can't wait to hear Chloe singing! I'm glad you found something for the girls to play & enjoy that fun/appropriate.

Trudy said...

Very cool.

Trudy
The Artistic Mother's Group coordinator
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com