- If you knock on my door at 4pm, I will probably be in my pajama pants and a tshirt. You might think to yourself "oh look, ready for bed early tonight?". But the truth would be that unless we have plans, I never make it out of pajamas. I have been known to shower, and put on a clean pair of pjs in the morning. Someone should start a movement for wearing pajama pants in public, they're hello kitty and they're comfy.. why not? Hello fashion.
- When Brian is out of town, I let the kids complete their hygiene routines unsupervised... Yeah, I know cavities, but these are baby teeth after all .. right? Honestly, I try not to think about it too much so I don't overwhelm myself with mommy guilt.
- Sometimes when I hear the kids going through the house calling "Mooooommmmmy", I don't answer... if it has been a really bad day sometimes I hide.
- Even though nutrition, and natural foods are important to me, on a desperate day, I say a little prayer of thanks for Happy Meals. We don't even bother with the milk and apple dippers, we head straight for the soda and french fries. Sometimes I ask myself if its wrong to have a cheeseburger happy meal for lunch, and a chicken nugget happy meal for dinner? I mean, there is at least some variety.
- Later in life my children are going to think I had horrible intestinal illnesses. I have been known to lock myself into my bathroom to catch a few minutes of peace on a truly difficult day.
- I'm a flylady drop out. I decided that whomever said "cleaning the house with small children at home is like shoveling the walk while it is still snowing" was an absolute genius.
- I strategically take pictures for my blog so that you can't see the mess. The zoom function is my friend and hopefully the adorable children distract they eye.
- When some of our pets like the fish and the mice kicked the bucket I was secretly very, very happy. The children were devastated. I hid it well, but inside I was gleeful. Its hard to look properly somber at a fish funeral when you are that happy.
- We don't recycle cans,bottles or paper, I have the best of intentions but I can't keep track of which day I put out the little red recycling box. So I usually end up just popping it into the trash container. I can make my own bio friendly laundry detergent, but can't remember which day is recycling day.
- My husband staged an intervention and begged me to stop renting any movies from the "red box" machines. I have trouble remembering to return them.... for weeks.... and then we pay $30 for the movie I didn't like enough to buy for $20 in the first place. If you ever want to watch a mediocre movie, call me first, I might have it. Now we do netflix=no fines. We don't even want to talk about the library and the fines.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
True Confessions of the Mommy Variety...
I am married to a wonderful man who often travels for work. This gets interesting with three children that we homeschool. They say confession is good for the soul, so here goes.