Saturday, April 18, 2009

On my noble silver steed....

Usually Brian is the one rescuing me from things. I am usually overly optimistic..... almost psychotically optimistic...

Me: Well, look we don't need to wait and save money, this store will let us have the couch now and we don't have to pay them for 4 years!!!
Brian: Yes dear, but if you read the fine print, we would owe our soul to the devil.
Me: Oh

Even when we first met he was always my Knight in shining armor. I had a friend who told me that might be a problem, I thought she drastically under-rated my ability to get into trouble....

So, anyway, today with all the flooding, Brian was stranded at the airport where he couldn't get to his car. I got to go and rescue him in my noble, silver minivan. It was scary, and we had to turn around because of water quite a few time. But, the kids and I were very excited to be the rescue heroes. Well, all except Chloe, she fussed at Brian because she was excited about our dinner tonight (it was Indian heritage night, for more on that go to my recipe blog).

Anyway, we were very glad to have the Daddy man home, and he was glad to not be sleeping at the airport terminal....

2 comments:

Rob said...

I read this and just kept hearing the Lone Ranger theme song in my head criss-crossed with visions of the old TV series "Super Car" ... ahem ... which WAS before my time, I only saw re-runs of this :)

I'm glad you were able to save the day for the B-man!

Jennifer said...

ha ha, does that make Brian Tonto?