Monday, March 30, 2009

Mommy wow, I'm a big kid now....

We went to our ENT's office for our official "all clear" for John's ears. His last tube had come out of his ear. John was in quite a mood all day, he was just really turning on the charm. Normally he is a tiny bit standoffish.

When the nurse called him she said, "John?".

John jumped up off the couch and said, "Thats me! I'm the big boy! ...and look I have a spiderman on my shirt!" The nurse was laughing and the whole staff peeked their heads in the exam room at different times to see the "big boy".

The nurse weighed him and John told her that yesterday he was small, but today, he is big. I was cracking up.

The doc checked out his ears and gave him a lolly. Then he went for his hearing test. The kid loved it! who knew? He felt so special with all of us staring at him and clapping for him during his test. He cried when we had to leave... I found it so ironic, usually taking them to the doctor is like pulling teeth...

2 comments:

Rob said...

That guy is a real ham! I like him already! I'm glad the visit went so well - funny how kids can surprise ya. Just when you're braced for a big deal, they come out all cute and cuddly. It's a conspiracy to keep us parents guessing ... and frazzled :P

H-Mama said...

what a relief for mom! that's so cute!