Sunday, December 13, 2009

Beckett the Panda party

We visited Borders books for the Beckett the Panda Party. Chloe had weaseled one out of me when we were there buying school books. I was in the school/adult section when she found me.

Chloe: Mom, can I have this panda? I love him sooooooooo much!!!!

(Chloe jumps up and down frantically)

Me: I don't think so, Christmas is so soon, why don't you put him on your Christmas list?

(Chloe deflates like a sad balloon and does the sad walk back to the kid's area)


About fifteen minutes later I head for the kids section where I find Chloe staging a sit in. Clutching Beckett, rocking herself back and forth, tears streaming down her face. According to the other Mom sitting there, who clearly thought I was abusing the child, she had been in this nearly catatonic state the whole time. (PS, thanks alot ma'am, way to stay strong. Whose side are you on?)

Naturally I caved. By now she had deposited enough body fluids on it we had to buy it.

She has loved this panda to death. So when we found out there was a party for him we HAD to go. Emma brought alexander the horse. They did a great job! They had cake and hot chocolate for the kids and crafts. The girls really enjoyed themselves. John hung near me, unless he was torturing his sisters with his scissor fingers. He would take their crafts and say "snip snip" while doing scissor motions with his fingers. The child has perfected the art of annoying his sisters.

The employees putting on the storytime were super interactive. Apparently, Borders offers storytimes nationwide through the week, if you have one near you, check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!