Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

We had a good day. The kids planned out the day for me, they wanted to go to breakfast, and take me to Schlitterbahn. Oh those kids of mine, always willing to sacrifice themselves when Mom just drags them against their will to the water slides.

The park was a little more populated today, and despite what I am going to say below, we had a great time, and have had a great time since we have been going. Its one of the best purchases we have made.

So we learned a few things.....

  • People don't like to wait in line.
  • Chloe named her little toe poobah.
  • Goth children can go in the water without melting, although getting a tan will ruin their pasty, pale mojo. They might even smile while they are in it.
  • piece of advice...... if you are going to spring for the forty dollar ticket to the water park, spring for a bathing suit, wearing a white tshirt and a see through bra underneath doesn't cover as much as you think it does.
  • The water park that is supposed to wear out the kids really wears out the parents more.
  • I still have vertigo with heights. It sucks to figure that out three stories up the tower to a water slide. Kudos to me for trying, however I did have to do the walk of shame back down after the dizziness set in. On the plus side, at least Brian didn't have to carry me and no teenagers snickered.
  • Seagulls are the rats of the air, they are evil.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I'm not sure what it is about your bullet-point writing but it always, ALWAYS gets me laughing - I love it! :)