Monday, May 18, 2009

On Winning the Lottery....

I totally won the lottery. Not the $$$ lotto... the one that really counts, the husband lotto. That same guy is probably going to kill me when he reads this. It will totally ruin his tough guy mojo.

I think he is like a really good chocolate, crunchy exterior, but sicky sweet on the inside.

Sometimes, when I miss him a bunch and he does something really sweet. Its all I can do not to scream it from rooftops. Knowing that he would be gone for awhile, he left notes strategically through the house for me and the kids. The photo below is of Emma's dresser (which faces her bed). She gathered up all her notes and put them so that she could see them while she goes to sleep.

I won't lie, it is very hard for us when he is gone. VERY. It creates a bit of a hole, a piece is missing and we all know it. We try to stay busy and distracted, but it only goes so far. It changes the dynamic, sometimes it stretches me thin and the kids notice. Its not like I turn into mommy dearest, but maybe things aren't as smooth as they normally are, dinner is a little late or bath time runs over (hopefully not onto the floor). We miss him, all of us do.

Brian always finds ways to remind us of how much he loves us. He makes the time we have with him feel much longer than it is. Because of his job, he has no hobbies. When he is home, he is 100 percent ours. It the greatest gift he could give us.

And that is why honey... In the words of Rick Astley... I am never going to give you up, let you down, run around.......

4 comments:

H-Mama said...

this is so, so sweet, jennifer! love this!

Clarissa said...

Sweeet! What a yummy hubby! Love it!

Rob said...

This is sweet. Its like Twilight sweet. :P

Jennifer said...

I know, its like toothache sweet, but I LURVE him so....