Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful.

I plan to do some blog catch up later tomorrow.... but for now.... this year has been so sweet, so full of things to be thankful to God for it seems appropriate while my house is quiet (that should DEFINITELY make the list) to list them (in no particular order).

  • I am grateful that I am married to my best friend, who completely GETS my sense of humor. I am so glad that we have the same set of priorities. I am so thankful that after all these years, and all these children he is still the person in this world I most want to spend time with and that he feels the same way. He still makes me giddy, still makes my day. We are a matched set, and I if I searched the world over I couldn't find another like him.
  • I am eternally grateful for my children. They have taught me spontaneity, how to live in the moment. My life would not be liveable without each of them. They are the reason my world goes round. They are each absolutely, undeniably perfect.
  • I am grateful for our extended family. I didn't grow up with that sense of "family" and I am so grateful that it is something we have now.
  • I am thankful for good friends who have completely different ideas than I do, I most value friends that open my mind, or challenge my opinions, or change my notion of possibility.
  • I am thankful for good books, and good ideas.
  • I am thankful for finding balance and order in my life, for choosing a simpler way of life.
  • I am grateful for the little moments each and every day that remind me how surrounded by love I am.
  • I'm grateful for the outlets I have, crafting, blogging, the things that let me feel I am "creating" something

No comments: