Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Tiwes dæg

Or better known as Tuesday by those of us who don't speak Old English...

Random facts about Tuesday....

Tiwes dæg, named after the Nordic god Tyr, who was the equivalent of the Roman war god Mars, and Greek god Ares.

In the Eastern Orthodox Church. Tuesdays are dedicated to Saint John the Baptist.

In the Greek world, Tuesday (the day of the week of the Fall of Constantinople) is considered an unlucky day. In Judaism, on the other hand, Tuesday is considered a particularly lucky day, because in the first chapter of Genesis the paragraph about this day contains the phrase "it was good" twice.

For me, Tuesday was Sewing day, so it doesn't leave me much to blog about. "As the seam rips" wouldn't make a good soap opera. It was productive, I love being free to sew. I actually managed to have all the rooms of my house in order at the same time....it was like the stars aligned, it was extraordinary. I mean even the closets are organized, can I get an amen? So below are a few of the projects I can't wait to finish. I love love love the hot air balloon fabric. The part on the left will the be the bodice of the dress and the cloudy part will be the bottom. I'm going to try for some accessories this time as well. I want to find a way to make a hair thingy with it to.

The girls made flags for their "kingdoms" yesterday at art that they were waving at me all day..... too cute! They also tried to make up rules for their kingdom. Not surprisingly, both of them decreed today all you can eat dessert day... princesses can be so very demanding. Lucky for them tomorrow is baking day.

Today was also an awesome school day. Emma will be beginning all her second grade work this week, which is amazing because she should only be in first grade if we had remained in public school. Chloe is about 3/4 of the way through Kindergarten, which she wouldn't even be beginning until next year. I have been so super impressed with how quickly they learn and how little time it takes us to accomplish it.






No comments: