Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Jailbreak, and other stories

One of the women in a homeschool support group has adapted the love dare challenges for kids. So today's challenge was "Love is Kind". The challenge was to consciously make it a point to be kind to your siblings. Chloe and Emma have both really enjoyed these little devotionals and sometimes that Chloe girl just CRACKS me UP. We were at the Museum of Fine Arts for their storytime today, and Chloe opened up the door for Emma, turns to Emma and says "Hmmm, well that was nice of me. I have done 6 nice things today for you Emma. Im SOOOO beating you on kindness" LOL! I guess that is sorta what they mean by "killing them with kindness?"

Our hamster, our beloved hamster, will NOT quit breaking out of her cage. I don't think she really thinks the cat is serious. Before we left this morning for the art museum she broke out AGAIN! I fed the cat some tuna, on the theory that maybe if she has a full tummy, she won't feel the need to eat the hamster... then halfway to the museum a thought occured to me, maybe I just gave her the taste for flesh with the tuna?


I know, its been a week since I blogged and I was feeling blogger guilt. Especially when people would mention it to me :). I find the blogging really cathartic, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment to look fondly over the days as they pass, so I missed it. Part of what got in the way was a major de-cluttering and cleaning mission I was on, it got so bad, all of Brian's work papers would poaching on my side of the office.... now they sleep with the fishes, or really with all the other random papers in a box so at least I don't have to look at them anymore. I find clutter really distracting, I can't function in it. I want to borrow Martha Stewart's support staff to come and set me up for homeschooling in the morning, bake us lunch ( not bake us for lunch, but bake lunch for us), and then tidy up afterwards while I play with the kids. A girl can dream right?.......

I have also been just desperate to find some time to sew. We have had so much going on with roof repairs, and reorganizing, and continuing on with homeschooling. The sewing really is my creative outlet and it such a stress reliever for me, I can't wait to get back to it! I bought some really cool hot air balloon fabric I was going to sew for the ballunar festival, and now that they called that off because of the hurricane; if I can swing it, I'm going to sew them for this weekend at the Wings over Houston show. I'm hoping the kids like going to the wings over houston and aren't bored out of their skulls, or terrified by the noise.



This was so cute, we took the kids to Chuck E Cheese's, and Chloe wanted the same bracelet Emma had, I was so proud of Emma, she gave Chloe tickets to get the bracelet without any prompting from Brian or I. We brought our niece and nephew along with us as well!





No comments: