Saturday, January 3, 2009

A few images/news updates from today


Well, this is what I woke up to today, this lazy cat sleeping in my rag basket. I shouldn't begrudge her the lounging, but since I only got about two hours of sleep, I think I was jealous.

During the night apparently the rodent version of passover happened, and we forgot to paint the doorframes with lambsblood. We can't figure it out, but we woke up and all the hamsters and the mice were goners. It was weird, they all had food and water, but they were dead as doornails. Thats alot of fun too, to wake up on minimal sleep with three cages to clean and bodies to dipose of before breakfast. But I guess better before breakfast than after *shudder*.

We decided to make some homeade dog foods and treats for the puppy and Mac. I know, it seems like I am spoiling them. Really, I am just cheap. Its cheaper than the cheap dog food, but they get quality nutrition, which makes my vet bills cheaper too. Plus, they love me extra for it. I mean, look how happy they are! Plus, everyone seems to eat more that way, the puppy even beefed up a bit after a few days of real food.

One of these pics if of Chloe in her "chef" get up. Apparently Batman had a secret passion for domestic life. Everytime we go to cook together she dresses up like Batman. I haven't figured that one out....

It was a gorgeous day and we spent some time outside playing. Despite the fact that everyone felt miserable, it was nice to be outside in the fresh air, we were a little less miserable that way...

I also was really thrilled to have the family room and kitchen all sorted out, and cleaned. Along with all our school stuff. Now I have to tackle the front room and it makes me wanna crawl under the couch and hide.....


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

testing....

Rob said...

You guys and your super cool TX weather :) Wow, sorry about the hamsters/mice but um, that was very, very funny how you put it, lol I so appreciate your sense of humor!