Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's resolutions.....

I'm late, but really is that surprising? Usually I don't make resolutions, or if I do they are so grand and sweeping that by the second week of January I have given up. So I wanted to be more thoughtful this time.

  • My first resolution is to not disclose details of my intimate life any more on my blog where our family members read it. By the way Mom and Dad, so sorry about all the scarred retinas and the concussions from attempting to give yourself amnesia. You have to admit though, it is pretty typical of me to forget little details like that....
  • I want to continue to work on my sleep issues. It just sucks to try to go about life on two hours of sleep. I think i have gotten pretty good at just putting one foot in front of the other and slogging through it, but it would really improve my quality of life.
  • To put myself first once a week. I can't commit to any more without feeling overwhelemed, but I think I can manage once a week (which sadly would be a big step up).
  • To continue to make the changes in what we eat. Not really a diet, but its more about choices, we have food allergy issues, plus I feel better when we are eating "whole" foods. I am much happier, and so are the kiddos.
  • I want to continue (i think I have been doing a pretty good job of this) ensuring that I am doing the things that I really want to do, not the things I think I HAVE to do. I dont want to get all overburdened again, its no way to live. That was last year's resolution that I have actually kept to.
  • This year I want to commit to trying to figure out where I fit or if I fit into a religious community.
  • another resolution is to be especially kind, and to be looking for opportunities to be kind to people I interact with on a daily basis. And I think I mean this in a sorta weird way. I'm almost always polite, its not like I am some raving rude lunatic. (see, I didn't even reach for the "B" word, im behaving) But for example, at one of the retail chains I frequent (its a book store, I could live there) there is a woman, who wasn't always a woman. I swear, people are so UNSUBTLE about their feelings. One guy actually jumped away when she was just trying to reshelve a freaking book. Regardless of moral agreement, everyone deserves to experience some kindness in their lives.

1 comment:

Rob said...

See? That right there is a very respectable list of resolutions. And waiting? Nah that's not waiting .. its just "long term information review before proposing an action plan". Omg, can you tell I work in corporate America? :)