Thursday, January 1, 2009

First Footings for the New Year

Well, we did have a tall, dark handsome stranger as the first one to walk through our door this new year... too bad it was Brian leaving for Holland. pardon me for a minute while I pout.... I hate it when he leaves. You would think I would get used to it, and in some ways I am, but I don't miss him any less....

Last night I forgot to be the toothfairy for Emma. Unfortunately she knows its me, so that kinda blows my chances of blaming it on a flighty, forgetful fairy. Im tripping over my mommy guilt here a bit....

Anyways, as if on cue, we are all dropping like flies with illness. Its like we save it all up until Brian is gone and it will be just me. We went to our very bestest family friends birthday party at a Jump Place today and after we had been there less than 30 minutes, John comes up saying he wants to go home. Now, yes he has been going through a Mommy phase, but a Jumping place always trumps mommy. I felt his head and he was burning up.... sigh...... So we begged off and came home a bit early. He promptly fell asleep as soon as I put a movie on... refused dinner, just wanted to go sleep. With all his fake scabs on.... Yeesh....
Now I can feel it starting in on me...... yay, its not really fun until I am sick too!! Brian, I am sure, will arrive home just in time for us to get well. However dear, if you are reading this (and I know you are) when you get home you owe me a backrub, and not the "excuse to get me into bed" backrub either, the real kind. And I checked with my friends, it is not normal for the masseuse to be naked... I'm on to you now! Edit: I had forgotten that our families also read this blog..... I would like to chalk that last paragraph to feverish rambling and hallucinations..... please?

9 comments:

Rob said...

Wow those teeth are dropping faster than you guys are :) I'm sorry you're feeling bad ... /nyquil /ibuprofen :)

Jennifer said...

yummmm, nyquil sounds nice..... it puts the nyquil on its nightstand so it will feel better again....

Melanie said...

I hope you guys feel better ASAP! It is not fun having sick little ones especially when hubby is gone. :(

Anonymous said...

I forgot to be the tooth fairy 2 nights in a row for Noah a few weeks ago. I told him the tooth fairy doesn't have helpers like Santa, so we should be patient. He agreed, but I still felt horrible! I was so happy to see you guys yesterday! I'm so sorry John felt badly! I hope y'all are doing better soon, and we can get together again. I can't believe our winter break is almost over! :(

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Hope everyone fels better soon. Being ill with ill kids sucks.


"And I checked with my friends, it is not normal for the masseuse to be naked... I'm on to you now!" you crack me up!!!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you Melanie!

Jennifer said...

Oh Claire that makes me feel so much better! Im not the only one!!!! We loved seeing you guys too, I am going to email ya with some dates!!!

Jennifer said...

Um yeah, reainbow mummy that was funny to me too until I remembered that I set Brian's Mum up on a subscription to the blog...... totally fogot,..... I take it all back, all three children were immaculately concieved!!!!!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

OMG!!! You crack me up even more!! Ha, "all three children were immaculately conceived!!!!!", yeah, immaculately conceived naked! LMAO!