2. I can be outgoing, and I don’t think I would characterize myself as shy, but I need time alone, time with just myself, or my family to feel like I am myself. I also need time where I am quiet to just process through things. If I don't get that time apart, I start to feel a little anxious.
3. I am a lot clumsy. I have cut, burnt, and bruised myself repeatedly. (which I promise has nothing to do with #9) I can trip over a level floor, it’s not pretty.
4. I am bad at talking on the phone. A lot of that is because of the kids, they can smell it when I pick up the phone. But I think sometimes it makes me seem rude, because I just can’t keep up with anyone by phone. Plus, I'm visual, and nothing visual is going on during a phone call. I need to see the person's face, or like in an email I can see the words to really be able to be a part of a conversation.
5. I will probably always have my hair long, as a kid my parents thought it was easier to have it short, and my mom has short hair. I love short hair on other people, especially that kinda spikey, funky short hair. I have a really round face, it needs hair to break up the full moon effect.
6. I love to sew, but I have trouble following a pattern. There is something different about the way my brain works. I have to be able to see the finished product, to see how it fits together so that I can work backwards. I really work the best when I see something already made that I want to make and then I devise my own pattern for it.
7. I love to write. It’s much easier for me to be my “true” self in writing. I think I am better at communicating in writing. I have this problem where everything I think comes out my mouth, and I can get distracted in a verbal conversation............OH LOOK ITS A CHICKEN!
8. I’m terrified of rats, which is especially interesting if you know that I own mice as pets. I hate the tails, and I think they are a malevolent source of evil in the world. When I think of them, they are the ROUSS of Princess Bride fame. Seriously phobic about them…… seriously…. So much so that I really like snakes because they eat them.
9. I think I like emo music, and I’m not sure if I should be frightened, embarrassed, or grab the razor blades and start cutting? I like many different genres, but lately every time I find a song or band I really like, I find out they are considered an emo band….sigh.
10. I have insomnia, sometimes really badly. I know it sometimes comes off as “flakey” when I have to spontaneously cancel plans because I have gotten 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours and it sounds kinda weird to say, “I’m not going to be able to make it because I didn’t get enough sleep.” It makes me feel like a toddler. I don’t deal well with being sleepy either, it really affects me and I am afraid to drive at that point. I’m still looking for a solution.
11. I like Sci-Fi and fantasy books, and movies. I also read serious. grown up fiction and the classics. Um, I think the way I was raised, the general consensus would be to categorize sci fi and fantasy as “not good”. But, I don't agree with that, I categorize it as fiction, as pretend and make believe… really really awesomely rad make believe. If I ever won the lottery, I would fund my dream library and spend the entire day reading every day. I go through about a book every two days, reading is probably my biggest hobby, I just LOVE new ideas, things that make me think... Yes, I know, nerdy, but I love that about myself.
12. I HATE horror movies, I cannot watch a single one, they scare the CRAP outta me. I also can’t watch any movie that is overly violent or suspenseful. I have problems with movies I don’t have with books. Movies I get sucked into and they feel “real” I can’t take it, it’s like overload and I will literally have nightmares for weeks afterward. I have been this way since childhood.
13. Going back to #7, I love to write, and besides the nonfiction blogging, I write fiction and poetry, but I have only ever shown what I write to two people,…. Ever. It annoys me that all my poetry always wants to rhyme, which is cheesy and I don’t like it. But I have a fascination with words, and their meanings, how the feel in my mouth saying them, I have never gotten over my first crush on language.
14. I have been to
15. Um, about #14, I’m not sure I can survive in cold weather. I can’t drive in ice, and I have no cold weather “sense”. When I was briefly in
16. I haven’t played guitar for about seven years. Which is sad, but better things have taken its place. But I want to get back to it. I really enjoy anything creativish.