Saturday, December 27, 2008

Rainy, Dreary, Dulldrums

I sat there with John.
We sat there, we two.
And I said, "How I wish
We had something to do!"

Too wet to go out
And too cold to play ball
So we sat in the house.
We did nothing at all.

So all we could do was to
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!
And no we did not like it.
Not one little bit.
-Cat in the hat, Dr Suess


Well, today was dreary, it would drizzle, then rain, then rain, then drizzle. The kids and the Dogs had WAYYYY to much unspent energy. We made cookies, you can read about that here.

This last pic is of Chloe, she brought her stuffed rat out to babysit her waterbaby. Given my feelings about rats, I decided not to be a meddling mother and tell her that rats aren't proper babysitters (or that they are very very evil, you can seeeee the evil).

Emma has been at Grandma's and Chloe and John are suddenly the best of buddies. (you have to ignore her shirt that says "my brother is the naughty one") They always all play together, but it has been a different dynamic with just the two of them. So cute!

No comments: