Friday, December 5, 2008

Gee your weenies smell terrific.....



Okay so no, thats not a come on line.... its what I thought to myself as I reentered the house today. I guess maybe its the homeschooling, or the husband having the totally unpredictable schedule, but the crockpot has been my lifesaver lately. The hours between 4 and 5pm are not my "primetime". Im a little grouchy, overdone and hey guess what? the kids and dogs need a walk... but who will cook dinner? The Crockpot!!!!

We had an interesting day, and I do plan to blog about that later..... but for now.....

So I tried this homeade Beans and Weenies recipe and it was awesome! and lets face it, the bean song never ever gets old... and since we just had the black bean soup the other day, the kids are THRILLED with the volume, and noise of the gas they are able to create lately. So just in case you wanna, here is the recipe.

3 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed or you can use the equivilant of fresh like I did and soak them the night before.
1 medium onion chopped
1 big package hillshire farms little smokies,or you can use regular sausage
2 cups of chicken broth (if you use canned beans, you might have to use a little more)

Throw it all in the crockpot in the am and let it cook!

No comments: